was asked to speak to the Beaconsfield Ladies Group this week. The topic for the talk was left up to me. I decided to speak about the current trends in food. One of the most prominent is the trend toward small.
A cocktail dinatoire is the current buzz word. Essentially, you are serving a dinner without the dinner plate, cutlery, table and chairs. The courses are served by means of hors d’oeuvres. The first course is usually soup. I decided to prepare a roasted vegetable soup and serve it in a demi- tasse espresso cup.
Thank you Beaconsfield Ladies – you were a great audience!
( for 40 hors d’oeuvre size servings)
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 6 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 litres of stock ( I used chicken stock)