Continuing with the comfort food theme, this is an easy week night meal to warm the chills. There are few ingredients and you can mix and match depending on what you have on hand.
The pasta does not have to be bow tie pasta. You could use elbow noodles, penne or even spaghetti. The meat doesn’t have to be pancetta. You could use prosciutto, bacon or chicken. The cream could be replaced either partially or totally with milk. The rosemary can be replaced by fresh basil or even pesto.
What could be easier? Oh the peas? Try frozen mixed vegetables or even beans or broccoli. This could be on the menu for a week and nobody would be wiser unless of course you don’t like pasta!
- 400 grams bowtie pasta, cooked as per package directions and set aside
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 grams pancetta, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 stalks of rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Romano cheese